Friday, May 01, 2009

Postcard from Nags Head

Northern Outer Banks, NC

A little yellow airplane circled over Ocracoke towards evening and I rode down to the airstrip to meet my guy. Loaded up my gear the next morning and since it was sunny, warm and a tailwind was blowing, I decided to ride back up to Salvo and meet him there later in the day. I was cruising along on my bike going 20 when he overflew me going about 140. Nice.

Took a scenic flight over the outer banks today and it’s amazing what a tiny strip of sand it is way out there in the ocean. Schools of stingrays just offshore. Dolphins too. A few too many McMansions lining the shores but a few good hurricanes will take care of them in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nags Head has always been special to me. Its the place I first saw the ocean. I was 20 yrs old. DYD and I went there on our honeymoon. A few yrs later we went there when PP rented a big old house on the shore. It was before the macmansions with lots of seabreezes and sun. It was where DYD started calling GM "wheaties" I am glad you made it there with lots of memories too. Love to you and your sweetie. M

Mei said...

Sounds pretty awesome, Chris. Congratulations! You are a rock star.